Sunday, October 11, 2009

Milkshakes and More: Random Thoughts from a Sunday Evening

So here are some of the random things that I’ve thought about today and decided to share with all of you.

1) Milkshake recipe:

Four parts Ice Cream and One part milk, put it in a blender, and when thoroughly mixed pour out and enjoy! Warning: these are pretty addicting, so you might want to have plenty of Ice Cream on hand when you start making them.

Great, now I want a chocolate MILKSHAKE

2) Proposing on bended knee:

Any of you ever wonder where the custom of men kneeling down with his intended’s hand in his when he asks her to marry him comes from? Well, it’s an old Feudal ritual that knights would use to swear allegiance to their lord. So, ladies, is he really your knight in shining armor? And guys, do you know that you're telling her you’ll go into battle if she commands it, and that you are promising to attend her court (i.e. parties, mall excursions, etc.) when you kneel down and give her a ring?

File:Hommage au Moyen Age - miniature.jpg

3) Fuzzy wake up call

No alarm clock is quite as efficient as a hungry cat. Hector and Helen decided that they needed attention and food when their humans slept in a bit too much this morning. A loud purr and a wet nose in ones ear is very effective at waking one up!

4) Doing is better than Debating

In Sunday School today we were talking about the Nobleman’s Vineyard. (If you want to read it for yourself you can follow the hyperlink). The Lord of the Vineyard commanded his servants to build a tower, but they started arguing about whether they really needed to or not. Eventually an enemy came and destroyed the vineyard. What I had never realized until today was that the tower was not build because “while they were at variance one with another, they became slothful.” This would mean that some were arguing that they should be building the tower- but that they chose to make an argument rather than an example. I tend to imagine that Heavenly Father would rather have us do what he’s asked us first instead of trying to convince other people they need to help us.

5) Old Cartoons are still fun!

Ok, I have a confession to make. I checked out the first season of Tale Spin from the library this week. It’s not as cool as I remember it being, but it’s been tons of fun to relive a small bit of my childhood! Can’t wait to find some other old cartoons on DVD!

Well, now that I’ve bored you with all my randomness, I guess I’ll finish for now. Hope you all have a great week!

5 comments:

  1. Tale Spin? Really? Come now, we all know that Ducktales was and forever will be the best cartoon ever made

    ReplyDelete
  2. You randomly covered many of my favorite things: romance, adorable pets, yummy food, peaceful living, and comedy. Your life is full of good things that matter. I can't wait to see you guys next week! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, Duck Tales is next on my list! Maybe Taz-mania too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Even better then the shakes....you guys making them for us!! I'm not a very good shake maker!
    These are all good random things...I think you may just win the random thinking award!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey where's my milkshake?? Cool random stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete