Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Snowy Saturday Hike

On Saturday Brooke and I went on a hike with Alexis and her boyfriend Michael.  We drove up Big Cottonwood Canyon and hiked up to Doughnut Falls. The road up to the trailhead was closed, but it was pretty easy to hike up there.

The snow had just started to fall when we got up there, and the overcast sky made it look so pretty! The flash on the camera made the snowflakes show up on the pictures.

 

About two thirds of the way up the trail there was a stream with a bridge over it. It was pretty cool looking. Brooke took the picture above! Then we took some cute couples pictures on the bridge.

IMG_0241

Right before we got up to the falls there was a short drop of about 6 feet that we had to take to get down. Michael jumped down, Brooke and Alexis slid down gracefully, and I somehow made it down without breaking my neck in the process (although I made everybody laugh while I was trying to not fall on my face!).

We took a break at the top of the falls and had a snack. And we took some pictures!

BrookeAlexisMichaelTaylor

(And for those of you who are wondering, yes I do have a beard. I haven’t shaved since Halloween in honor of Prostate Cancer Awareness Month. If you want, you can see more pictures and get more information).

Brooke helping Alexis with her mascara. Make sure you see Brooke’s smile at the end!

While we were at the top I got this hilarious video of Alexis and Brooke. Good thing that they didn’t notice I was taking this!

On the way back, the wind started to pick up and blow the snow around. Brooke took these pretty cool pictures.

It looked like something out of a movie!

Part way back we took some more pictures, and then we started a snowball fight. Now, I have been involved in a handful of snowball fights in my life, but this was probably the best one in a long time!

IMG_0295

And here is a video of the beginning of the snowball fight!

Finally we made it back to the road. Before we finished, Michael dropped a snowball and it started rolling, which gave him the idea to make a snowman. So, we all worked together, and despite the snow not being very helpful, we made a pretty cool snowman.

What a happy snowman!

Brooke and Alexis with the snowman

It was a pretty fun hike! I am looking forward to a lot more winter hikes now that we have enough snow for snowshoeing season to begin!

Snowman waves goodbye

3 comments:

  1. Oh I love this post! The videos are awesome, and really made me miss you guys! You both took some beautiful photos, and it looks like everyone had a great time. Wish I was there to snowshoe with you, build a snowman, and have a great snowball fight. Thanks for making my day! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures, you have talent

    ReplyDelete