Friday, June 10, 2011

A Happy Hike

We went on a hike in the Millcreek Canyon today!  We took the Bowman Fork Trail (we went snowshoeing there earlier this year!).  It was such a beautiful afternoon!  There was still quite a bit of snow on the ground in some higher parts of the trail.  The weather was so perfect!  Not too hot, not too cold.  The mountain breeze was amazing!!  The air was so fresh and crisp!  The smell of trees and wildflowers was magnificent!  The sounds of birds, wind blowing through the trees, and water rushing down the mountain were amazing!  We heard a woodpecker working on drilling a hole and as we got closer and closer to the sound, I spotted it on a tree!  It was so fun to watch it for a while until I accidentally scared it and it flew away.  We heard other woodpeckers as well.  We also heard chipmunks and songbirds.

Pretty leaves were everywhere!

IMG_2794

 

During quite a bit of the trail we got to hike along a gorgeous creek.  The water is so cold, clear, and refreshing!

IMG_2801

 

Beautiful tree tops!

IMG_2802IMG_2805  IMG_2865IMG_2812  IMG_2813IMG_2814IMG_2817  IMG_2833IMG_2824  IMG_2829IMG_2855  IMG_2867IMG_2836IMG_2842IMG_2845IMG_2854IMG_2860

The view from the crest of the hill that we went up to was incredible!  Taylor said that when he first glimpsed the view, his breath was literally taken away.  When I got to the view (I was busy taking a picture, so I was a few yards behind), I agreed that the view was quite breathtaking as well.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Brooke, what a wonderful hike and what GORGEOUS pictures. They really capture your love of the beauty were enjoying. Thank you for a lovely post - I almost felt like I got to go with you, and I tried to smell it too. I am so glad you love the outdoors...what satisfaction! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your photograph! You are very talented. Thanks for sharing! -Maegan-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing photos - I love them! Looks like a great hike.

    ReplyDelete